Monday, May 20, 2013

Snake Dance Mystery quilted

 I have had the Snake Dance Mystery quilt on the quilting frame for a couple of weeks...it's just been too busy to get it finished. After doing some cleaning (yuck! both bathrooms, among other things!), I finished the quilting. I used the panto Leafage by Karyn Emmerson. It's one of my favorites because of the way it fills in and has a soft, swaying effect. Since I can't show the front of the quilt until after June 5, I have to be happy with showing the back.
 The first group making this quilt had their second session Saturday, and are well on their way to finishing two more clues. I have them sworn to secrecy, though I will say that their color choices are really pretty!

The second group meets for the first time Wed. night, so I will be able to post some pictures of the first clues after that. It will be fun to see what fabrics they have chosen! They meet twice before the first group meets for the third and final time on June 1. Group 2 will finish on Wed. June 5.
I started inventory in my library the other day...didn't get too much finished as I still had some classes coming in for storytime. I should be able to get a lot scanned in the next few days. Then comes the fun part...trying to get all of the books back! I still have over 400 checked out, but some of those are books the teachers have checked out. They will turn them in when they are finished using them this week. My last day of school is Tues. May 28...

I trimmed the quilt and Conrad gave it his purrrrrr of approval. He is also sworn to secrecy.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The quilting looks wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing the front.

Kerstin said...

yes, the quilting looks great. Im too looking forward to see the front.
I keep looking at the clues I have so far but cant figure out what it will look like. mmmhhhh?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

At least Conrad isn't related to that dog in the Bush's beans commercials, or we'd have seen this quilt already.